About Our Programs
To help parents provide for their children’s basic nutritional needs, Save the Children’s hunger and livelihoods programs focus on improving the food supply, farming practices and finances of families in need.
- We will give families basic food staples following a natural disaster or emergency.
- We teach parents about the importance of providing their child with the right variety of foods to prevent malnutrition.
- We train small-scale farmers on how to prevent the loss of crops or livestock to drought, floods or disease.
- We guide family farmers on how to grow more nutritious foods, in larger quantities to eat or to sell, and how to raise animals for meat, eggs or milk.
- We help families access basic financial products like savings or insurance so they can persevere through challenging times, or start and expand their small businesses.
- And, we give youth the skills to succeed — like building their savings, teaching them how to manage money, and get a job and/or build a business.