Education is the road that children follow to reach their full potential in life.
Yet many children in need around the Victoria do not get a quality education where they can learn and develop. To advance learning, AARDO supports education programs for children in the classroom and at home.
- We train teachers to engage their students through more effective teaching practices.
- We coach parents and caregivers to help their children learn early on, so they are prepared to enter school.
- We offer ways for parents and community volunteers to get kids reading and doing math outside of school hours.
- We introduce children to the power of artistic expression — drawing, painting, and more — to help them heal, learn and do better in school.
- We make sure that children don’t stop learning during a crisis, and we help to keep kids healthy so they don’t fall behind or drop out.